Friday, May 2, 2008

it'll be different

"I wish I knew what to do," Emily said to Rosco while they were out to dinner with Jane, letting her have her way with all the toys in the happy meals they bought. "Gordy's just so depressed."

"Maybe he should see a doctor or something." It was the best answer Rosco could think of.

"He wouldn't do that," Emily shook her head, no. "He's too stubborn for that. He's so stubborn."

"You wish he was still with your sister?" Rosco asked.

"Not really, she's not the mother type, anyhow. She probably did the best thing." Emily nodded. "I love her and all, but I don't want to be B."

"I know what you mean," Rosco said dipping a chicken nugget in a sauce and letting Jane take it from him. "I hate living in my brother's shadow. What's worse, I'm ten times the musician he is, but you'd never know that because I don't have the it factor, evidently. I'd rather just play and go home. Miss that other stuff, completely. Its like he's got to be told constantly just how good he is."

Emily had never really heard Rosco talk so much about his brother before. It was kind of amazin. She felt closer to him. Somehow she knew things were so much better between them than what Kal and Bella might have. It might be boring, but at least they understood each other and they wanted to be there for each other.

4 comments:

Cate said...

poor rosco, always in the shadow of his brother...
little by little i'm really getting to know your characters ^^

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

sad about rosco, but that's life
thanks for stopping by my blog;)

Cate said...

about the necklace in my last post: yeah, the long one is vintage. the evenstar one is from some fantasy freak website ^^

e. jay said...

Wow great mini...you and ellie...I am jealous! Yes I watch Greek this past week. I actually like Cappie with Rebecca, but I like Casey and Cappie's chemistry. I hope Franny is sincere about being nice now.