Thursday, December 4, 2008

quick study

Rosco was glad Charlotte had decided to help him with the term paper.

"You should have done it over a month ago so you could just be making revisions now." She informed him.

"Huh." Why didn't anyone tell him this kind of stuff earlier? He looked at her in her Playradio Play! T-shirt and old jeans. She actually seemed rather comfortable in his room which was nice.

"You don't really study, do you?" She looked around his room and saw most of his books of history of the world in comic book form, along with loads of Spin and Mad Magazine.

"I know how, its just I never have time, anymore, you know." He just shrugged sitting in the floor with all these books he hadn't a clue what to do with on note cards.

"Of course," He thought that might be a mocking tone as she sat down and opened a book.

"So what are you going to do when you get out of school?"

"Go in the Air Force." Charlotte said very certain.

"Seriously?" Rosco winced.

"Yeah," she shrugged.

"You've got to be crazy."

"I guess I must be, but you don't know what crazy is, now do you?" She smirked as she flicked her dark blond curls behind her shoulder.

"I think I know something about crazy," Rosco nodded. "I really do." He told her all about Emily and the crazy things she used to do.

"But you could have walked away, you know, you didn't have to live with anyone crazy." She gave him a dead stare.

"You're not trying to tell me you've got another personality, or anything...now are you?" He wondered why he invited her over. What had he been thinking? They'd gotten along so well back at Rachel's. Why did he keep setting himself up like this?

"No, its just I can't wait to leave home. I would have left already if I could. Just counting the days, that's all." She smiled, and Rosco suddenly felt a sadness in his chest. How could she do this to him? It would be over before he ever got the nerve up to actually ask her out.

4 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, Rosco..just go for it.

Unknown said...

I wonder if he actually has that term paper on his mind.

Jules said...

term paper, a pain :D hahaa

Rach said...

thank you for the comment :)

i like your story. it kind of reminds me of the british tv show skins.