Monday, April 27, 2009

all set in a row

Kal caught Rosco out in the back yard spray painting the kitchen table.

"What do you think, you're doing?" Kal watched.

"I gotta get this done. Just something for Mom."

"Well, you best be cleaning up, hadn't you?" Kal crossed his arms.

"Why?"

"I think you gotta a prom to get ready for."

"What?" Rosco looked as if he had an exam he'd forgotten to get too.

"Whitney is with Charlotte right now, getting dressed." Kal shrugged.

"You're kidding me." Rosco looked puzzled. Perhaps in a state of shock. "When did this happen? Whitney talk her in to this?"

"Beats me, but she's getting ready for something." Kal told him.

Rosco handed over the spray can to Kal then. "Finish this for me, will you?"

"What?" He had no idea what was going on.

"Just do it! Will you!"

Kal hadn't the heart to tell him, but it really was quite impossible to please two women at once.

5 comments:

miriam said...

tough call...

a bit curios, are you stories mainly fiction or do you base them on real life too?

diane said...

Ha ha, it's so funny how clueless guys are sometimes. I hope he's got a classic vintage suit a la 40's, instead of a tux. That would simply be the bomb.

ellie said...

You know how guys are. They wait til the last minute..no matter what.

Cait said...

I'm still getting aborted off Diane's blog..dang..Thanks so much for the note ..yeah, that would definitely be a cool outfit for Rosco. Thanks..I love the cat pic..I almost saw on your blog..

Anonymous said...

haha this was good:)

keep writing and hey check this blog out if you want:

http://imnotovertrash.blogspot.com/

em