Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the hot factor

Charlotte woke up with her throat burning.

"NO." She woke up Rosco then.

"What?"

"Do I have spots on my throat?" She stuck out her tongue. Of course, Rosco really wasn't sure if he could tell.

"I dunno." He squinted hard.

"You'll never be a doctor." She stumbled out of bed with messy hair and found her way to the bathroom to get a look. She thought she saw something. Maybe. She gargled with some Listerine.

"Its probably just allergies." Rosco winced as he stood in the bathroom doorway.

"I feel really weird." She frowned. "Touch my forehead. Do I have a fever?" She scowled more as she leaned toward him. He put his hand on her forehead.

"You don't feel that hot." He turned away to get on some pants and a tie-dyed T-shirt.

"Well, thanks a lot." She stood in the bathroom.

"Here," He handed her flannels to get into and a hoodie. She was after all just in her camisole and bikinis. "We'll go down to Quick Care down at the grocery store. They can check for strep."

"You think I have strep throat?" She fussed with her clothes then.

"I dunno." He grabbed his skully and his other one with the pink skull on it for her. They were both having bad hair days. "We'll get you checked out and then I'll take you to breakfast."

"God, I don't want to have strep. I don't need to have strep right now. If I get it then you'll get it. What if Rachel gets it? And Parker?" She fretted as she struggled in her flip-flops and followed Rosco to the car.

"I'll get coffee while we're there." Rosco yawned.

It was still dark out and they found themselves practically in an empty grocery store.

"Will they know right away?" She was still asking Rosco questions.

"I dunno." Rosco shrugged. "More like 2 days."

Charlotte tried to grit a smile, but really she hated doctors. Rosco was already ordering coffee.

She was on her own.

4 comments:

diane said...

There's never a good time to get sick.
Going out that early in the morning always feels weird.

I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket, with a cup of coffee. It went down into the 50's last night.

Meg said...

Oh dear. Getting sick is never fun.

the oaks said...

I like that Rosco is there for her. I loved that line..you're not that hot..thanks a lot. made me smile.

past the point said...

Poor Charlotte. Thats so not fun.