Wednesday, November 25, 2009

here we go again

"I thought they were going to attack me," Rachel was being her dramatic self while Gordy was with the girls, finishing up their brownies for the Thanksgiving feast that would begin tomorrow at his brothers' house.

"I see." Gordy just nodded as she ranted on. She'd had a terrible time at Bella's.

"You know, this was for Bella, not you." He finally went on to say.

"What are you saying?" She stomped around. She couldn't get undressed fast enough to get in her flannels and comfy house-shoes.

"That you need to calm down." He shrugged. "Look, you'd been mad if you hadn't been included."

She swelled a frown as if he was suppose to be on her side and not there's.

"Is that all you can say?"

"Well, are you going to behave yourself tomorrow?" He smiled. "Part of me wonders what you could do with a sword half the time, but I think you get so uptight, you miss the point, entirely. You have to think positive. I don't think Whitney nor Charlotte are out get you. They are trying their best. I'm trying my best. You just need to chill."

She gritted then as if she didn't want to hear it.

He went back to get the girls' hands cleaned up. Naturally, Lucy got in the chocolate. Jane gave him a look that she was glad it was Lucy and not her.

"I told her not too." Jane informed him.

"Yes, I'm sure you did." Gordy wiped Lucy's hands and face. He could see Jane could be a little overbearing. Sometimes, he wondered if Lucy had a chance in this family. "You aren't trying to get her in trouble, now are you?"

Now Jane gave him an angry look and stomped off. He watched her, thinking Jane might be more like Rachel than Bella, but then again, maybe Bella and Rachel were much more alike than they even knew.

Crap, he thought, he had fallen in love with the same type of woman all over again, and he'd promised himself again and again, he'd never fall into anything like he did with Bella. Well, it was too late now.

He got them ready for bed and went to make Rachel some Sleepy-time tea.

"I think you're working just a little to hard, lately." He'd try to get back in there and fix this with Rachel. As usual, everything evolved, but still it didn't stop them from colliding into each other.

2 comments:

diane said...

I'm applauding, you just can't see me is all.

ellie said...

I do love Gordy..and I think he's up for handling Rachel.