Sunday, April 20, 2008

after burn

"Thank God! Finally I got through, " Bella could only speak above a whisper.

"What's wrong? What's happened?" Emily was wide awake now as she paced her room and looked back at the twisted sheets of her bed. "Are you all right?"

"I don't know what's happening to me, I'm sorry. Its my throat. Probably from sleeping outside so much. Allergies, I guess." Bella managed to say.

"Don't talk ," Emily felt her heart beat race, thinking of Rosco, just ten minutes ago. He was in the bathroom now down the hall. "Every-time, you speak, its like you're really screaming. It'll hurt your voice."

"Fine, but I need to know," Bella said. "Is Gordy seeing anyone."

"Seeing anyone?" Emily winced. "I don't think so. I think he's not with anyone that I know of."

"You have to watch Delia, for me."

"What?"

"You can't let her get close to Gordy." Bella demanded.

"How am I suppose to do that?" Emily looked up then and saw Rosco in the doorway. She slapped her phone shut before she could hear her sister's answer. She put her phone down then on the night stand.

"I got a call from Bella." She told him.

"You didn't say anything about me, did you?" Rosco kept his hands in his back pockets.

"No, nothing." She kept staring at him, wanting to smile, wishing she could, but he might not look at her again, if she did.

"Promise."

"Yes." She sealed it with a kiss then.

"It was really nothing, you know. It wasn't-"

"No, no it was stupid stuff, really." She felt herself shake slightly, wishing he'd hold her again, touch her how he knew she liked to be touched. So many things he knew now.

"Yeah, it was stupid." He nodded as if agreed. Nobody would get hurt. It was nothing really horrible even if it was the most intimate thing she'd ever done with anyone.

"But fun. Really, who knew, huh?" She smiled putting her hands behind her back.

"Yeah, just a little fun." He remained even lipped.

"That's all you need from time to time." She suggested, feeling herself sway, almost into him.

"Yeah, but it won't ever happen again." He assured her.

"I know," she said hoping he didn't hear the sadness in her voice. He leaned in then and kissed her forehead. She felt his hand on her throat as he kissed her steadily down her neck. His mouth wouldn't let go from her collar bone. She felt a slight sensation rest there. Her peasant blouse came undone. It was there he left his mark, but it wouldn't be until later that she saw his handiwork.

1 comment:

Cate said...

i like the story! good work! i read up on all your posts ^^