Monday, June 30, 2008

At the Whitfield

"OK," Carrie grinned at Rosco who was unloading her stuff for the stage. "I think I found out what you were wondering, about that girl. You know the one having way too much fun with the boys."

"Yeah," Rosco stared at her as if this was important.

"She goes by this name, Crystal, but she's pretty much a compulsive liar," Carrie shrugged. "So uh, you got a bonified faker."

"Faker." Rosco figured as much. He knew it was Emily, but he wasn't going to dare acknowledge it. "Nice going."

"What are friends for?"

"Being in eternal debt?"

"Yeah, something like that. So help me. Right? You'll be hear for the show, won't you? To set up and break down?"

"I can do that?" He nodded. He had nothing else going on. He nursed his bottom lip.

"You're so cute, I gotta pinch you." She grabbed him by the cheek then.

"Ow." For someone so little she could be down right vicious.

"You could play with me, tonight?"

"OK, I'm pretty sure I didn't get that right? What do you want me to do?"

"The bass. The bass player didn't make it." She stared at him as if he must do as she instructed.

"I don't know any of the songs." He shook his head, no.

"Its easy." And she left it at that.

He looked out at the crowd starting to mingle as they began checking out the sound system. Just as Rosco expected. There she was. Emily aka Crystal in all of her glory, hanging on to a scene king of some kind who might as well have stepped out of a Gorillaz cartoon.

11 comments:

Cate said...

oh. my. gosh. emily aka crystal. i think i might've missed a few posts in between, so i don't know if it was known before that emily was also known as crystal, but this really shocked me. she really has a serious problem, this emily. i don't think she is schizophrenic, but i guess she's just slipping into different roles to escape from her reality.
about carrie: she seems fun, but i just hate it if someone pinches your cheek ^^
and no, i never saw that film "princess & the warrior"... i must check it out!

ellie said...

I do wonder what this new fellow is like who looks like he's from the "gorillaz" cartoon.

Interesting.

cady said...

Ouch.

Such psychology at work here. Why the characters do what they do and why and how they feel as they do. Interesting. Especially Emily's alter ego, or whatever you want to call it.

cady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yesha said...

crystal? emily? if they are one, then i would say, i still feel sorry for her. i hope she still knows what she's doing. o_O

no comment about carrie and rosco yet. i need to see what will happen next. lol.

Cate said...

oh yeah, i've heard about that film run lola run. the actress's name is franka potente by the way.
and well, emily's a bit naive, isn't she, hoping that no one will know? my experience is that if you lie at one point, the truth is bound to come out at some other point, however hard you try to conceal the lie, and a lot of other things will go falling that you thought had no connection to the lie - but "somehow we're all sacred links in the eternal circle of life" (don't worry about me, i haven't gone mental, i was just quoting luna lovegood from harry potter ^^)

Anonymous said...

cool quote. definitely a good thing to remember too. thanks.

yeah, i love run lola run. i love the actoress too.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I haven't come in a while, the internet hates me and I hate it back. But I could finally open your blog! Yeii!

Wow, Emily has been having a hard time... I wish she doesn't hurt Rosco, he's a nice guy.

But it's hard for her too, I think. I hope she gets the happy ending she wants so bad ^^

Em said...

heyyy im tagging u back

L said...

I hate it when people pinch my cheek O.O
So, Crystal... interesting.

UmassSlytherin said...

well done. glad I stopped by...