Thursday, September 4, 2008

guesses and other complications

Gordy guessed already what this was all about with Serena. The tiredness. The quietness.

How did he know this was going to happen? And how long was she going to keep it from him?

"You are late, you know?" He'd brought home the pregnancy test himself.

He could tell she was a tad embarrassed that he knew.

"I just wasn't sure," Serena looked at the box. "I know its the last thing you need right now. And I know we were careful."

"Not that careful." He knew he wasn't. He couldn't blame it all on her. Why did it all have to be so complicated? Its just right now, he wasn't sure if betting married would be the best thing at the moment, considering the financial aide for school. Gordy had had a plan, until now. "But its going to be OK." What else could he say.

"Just take it so we'll know for sure and well, we'll go from there. No matter what, you're making a doctor's appointment."

She looked at him as if that was not what she had in mind.

"Well, you could call your mother first," Gordy suggested with a sigh. He could tell she didn't like that idea, either.

Gordy was beginning to think he really enjoyed having a screwed up life.

9 comments:

L said...

Awww, poor Gordy...



Thanks for the comment, I just haven't had that much time to write or read lately, but I'll try to have more up within the next couple days.

UmassSlytherin said...

I love Gordy so much, he is a sweetheart, makes you want to hug him! :) well done!

Yesha said...

i already dreamt of emily. lol. i haven't been reading yet. tomorrow, i promise. just need to finish up some things at work. T_T

Yesha said...

i already dreamt of emily. lol. i haven't been reading yet. tomorrow, i promise. just need to finish up some things at work. T_T

Anonymous said...

I just love Gordy - Good luck!

And OMG JAMES FRANCO ON YOUR NEW HEADER!!
(this is where I go hysterical)
I think I'll have an heart attack. Oh well... That portuguese blood of his... How could I resist?
hehe

Your amazing writer, Cait. Sorry I haven't been here for a while.

Rock on!
Raspberry

Anonymous said...

*Your an amazing writer, I mean :)

Sydney said...

gordy, i know what you mean.

Miss. Maddie said...

Awesome Blog! :)

**Miss. Maddie**

Yesha said...

lol @ having a screwed up life.why does he have to think that way. silly Gordy but i like him. lol.