Sunday, July 26, 2009

crazy pregnant

"Rachel is just crazy pregnant," Whitney said to Kal. They were in bed and finally she felt as if everything was normal. Almost. "I just don't want to be that kind of pregnant."

"I don't think you could be that crazy." Kal shook his head.

"Good," she grinned cuddling under his arm. "Because I am."

"Crazy?" He winced.

She pinched him then. He was in pain.

"Really?" The shock came to his face then.

She thought he might have a heart attack. She thought he was choking for a moment.

"You're mad, aren't you?" She made a face then and was ready to push him out of bed.

"No, no I'm not mad." Kal took in a breath. "Its just I-I dunno. I'm excited. Really. Scared too. God, I'm really scared." He shook his head. "I'm worried about you. I want it to happen. Its just it feels like an up hill battle. I suppose." He held her close then.

Whitney smiled, trying to understand his fear. A part of her did feel as if she was going out on a ledge of some sort and yet she was filled with happiness. She knew it was a good thing. It was.

4 comments:

ellie said...

aw..it felt real. I hope they'll be OK.

diane said...

It's always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

This was really good, I enjoyed the conversation, it felt alive. I will add more to the Brandon Tess story but I just got back from Vegas and was really tired and it turns out I have a stomach virus so I'm kinda out of it.

past thepoint said...

I'm really hoping this will be a great time for both of them.